Altogen Biosystems is a biotechnology company that develops and manufactures transfection kits for life sciences research, drug discovery and development. Cell transfection kits are pre-optimized for specific cell lines and primary cultures. Altogen® in vivo transfection reagents provide delivery of biomolecules into target tissues. Efficient delivery of target molecules (siRNA, DNA, mRNA) enabled by advanced reagent formulation and pre-optimized transfection protocol design. Altogen Biosystems develops liposome-, nanoparticle-, and biodegradable polymer-based transfection technologies by applying combinatorial chemistry, molecular and cell biology expertise. Orders can be placed online at the individual product webpage.
Transfection is the introduction of exogenous molecules (DNA, RNA, or protein) into cultured cells and is commonly used to study gene function, modulation of gene expression, biochemical mapping, and protein production. Unfortunately, no single delivery method or transfection reagent can be applied to all types of cells, cellular cytotoxicity and transfection efficiencies vary dramatically and depend on the reagent, protocol, and cell type used. Altogen Biosystems offers pre-optimized transfection kits and electroporation buffers for more than 120 cell types, and tissue-targeted in vivo applications.
Altogen Labs offers GLP compliant CRO services, pre-clinical toxicology (IND), ELISA assay development, xenograft animal models, RNAi and gene silencing services. Altogen’s cell culture scientists transform cell lines of choice to stably express gene of interest via development of stable cell line in just 28 days.
Altogen’s nanoparticle-, lipid-, and polymer-based transfection reagents enable the delivery of functional RNA (siRNA, shRNA, microRNA) and DNA molecules in vivo for animal reseach (mouse, rat), including biodistribution and RNAi gene silencing studies. The PEG-Liposome in vivo delivery system reduces innate immune responses due to PEG modification, and provides highly efficient in vivo tissue delivery of siRNA, DNA, and protein.
As featured by Science magazine, Altogen Biosystems offers following in vivo transfection kits for rodent research studies:
In Vivo LIPID-based Transfection Reagent : Targeted tissues: Liver, Kidney, Liver Tumors, Kidney Tumors
In Vivo POLYMER-based Transfection Reagent : Targeted tissues: Lung, Liver, Lung Tumors, Liver Tumors
In Vivo Nanoparticle-based Transfection Reagent : Targeted tissues: Kidney, Lung, Liver, Heart, Brain, Tumors
In Vivo PEG-Liposome Transfection Reagent : Targeted tissues: Spleen, Liver, Kidney, Pancreas, Tumors
In Vivo LIVER-targeted Transfection Kit : Targeted tissues: Liver, Liver Tumors
Selected in vivo transfection product citations (ALTOGEN® IN VIVO Transfection Kits used in the following publications):
- Nature. 2008 454(7203):523-7. Innate immunity induced by composition-dependent RIG-I …Saito et al [PDF]
- Am J Pathology. 2010 177(4):1870-80. Role of ocular complement factor H in a murine model … Lyzogubov et al [PDF]
- Nature Biotechnology. 2011 29(4):341-5. Delivery of siRNA to the mouse brain by … Alvarez-Erviti et al [PDF]
- Cancer Research. 2011 71(15):5144-53. Inhibition of miR-193a expression by… Iliopoulos et al [PDF]
- RNA. 2010 16(11):2108-19. RNase L releases a small RNA from HCV RNA that refolds … Malathi et al [PDF]
- Diabetologia. 2012 55(7):2069-79. The p47phox- and NADPH oxidase organiser 1 … Youn et al [PDF]
- British Journal of Cancer. 2012 107(3):516-26. TIGAR induces p53-mediated cell-cycle … Madan et al [PDF]
- Hypertension. 2014 63(2):353-61. Tissue transglutaminase contributes to … Liu et al [PDF]
- Circulation Research. 2010 15;107(8). Kruppel-like factor-4 transcriptionally regulates … Cowan et al [PDF]
- Hypertension. 2012 59(1):158-66. Role of uncoupled endothelial nitric oxide synthase … Gao et al [PDF]
- Journal of Biological Chemistry. 2012 287(4):2907. Chaperoning of mutant p53 protein … Gogna et al [PDF]
- PLoS Pathogens. 2012 8(8) Uridine composition of the poly-U/UC tract of HCV RNA … Schnell et al [PDF]
- J Proteome Res. 2012(11) Retinal proteome analysis in a mouse model of oxygen-induced … Kim et al [PDF]
- J Transl Med. 2010 15;8:133. Prevention of hyperglycemia-induced myocardial apoptosis … Zhang et al [PDF]
- Mol Cell Biol. 2013 33(7). SCO2 induces p53-mediated apoptosis by Thr845 phosphorylation … Madan et al [PDF]
- Hypertension. 2015 65(2):430-9. Neurokinin 3 receptor and phosphocholine transferase… Parchim et al [PDF]
- Gastroenterology. 2011 141(2) Differential type I interferon-mediated autophagic trafficking … Desai et al [PDF]
- PLoS Pathog. 2014 10(10) Exosomes from hepatitis C infected patients transmit HCV … Bukong et al [PDF]
Visit Altogen’s Transfection Resource: transfection methods and techniques, stable and transient transfection, RNAi applications, in vitro and in vivo transfection, nanoparticle-, liposome-, and biodegradable polymer-based in vivo transfection reagents.