Product Availability: In Stock (FedEx delivery within 2 business days).
Ordering: To place an order please use Add to Cart button (account not required).
Brain In Vivo Transfection Reagent
Effectively delivers negatively charged biomolecules (DNA, RNA, small protein) into mouse/rat brain. Transfection kit for animal laboratory research (mouse, rat)
Modes of administration:
- Systemic intravenous (i.v.) injection
Brain-targeted In Vivo Transfection Kit
- Nanoparticle liposome-based reagent
- IV systemic administration (tail vein)
- Efficient delivery to the brain tissue and U87 orthotopic tumor
- Efficient delivery of protein, small molecule, RNA, and pDNA into brain
- Functionally validated in mice
- Download Brain-targeted in vivo transfection protocol: [PDF] [Word]
- Download safety data sheet: [PDF]
- UPC/GTIN/EAN: 860002089719
Brand: ALTOGEN®, developed and manufactured by Altogen Biosystems
Figure 1. Systemic administration (i.v.) of Brain In Vivo Transfection Reagent conjugated with 150 ug of chemically modified siRNA targeting Lamin A/C mRNA or non-silencing control siRNA following the recommended protocol. Tissues (liver, brain, U87 orthotopic tumor, kidney, pancreas, heart, spleen, and lungs) were collected and RNA isolated 24 hours after first injection. Samples were analyzed by qRT-PCR for Lamin A/C gene expression levels. Ribosomal RNA levels were used to normalize the Lamin A/C data. Data are means ± SD (n=8).
Figure 2. Systemic administration (i.v.) of Brain In Vivo Transfection Reagent conjugated with a) 100 ug of chemically modified siRNA targeting GAPDH, or b) pDNA expressing GAPDH, or c) control, following the recommended protocol. Tissues (homogenized brain) were collected and total protein fraction isolated 72 hours after first injection. Samples were analyzed by Western Blot Analysis for GAPDH gene expression levels (n=5).
Selected in vivo transfection reagents references:
- PLoS Pathog. 2014 10(10) Exosomes from hepatitis C infected patients transmit HCV … Bukong et al [PDF]
- Jounal of Biological Chemistry. 2012 287(4):2907. Chaperoning of mutant p53 protein … Gogna et al [PDF]
- J Proteome Res. 2012(11) Retinal proteome analysis in a mouse model of oxygen-induced … Kim et al [PDF]
Altogen Contract Research Services:
Altogen Labs provides biology CRO research services for IND applications and preclinical drug development. Please visit AltogenLabs.com
- 0.25 ml – 10 injections (Catalog #5090)
- 0.75 ml – 30 injections (Catalog #5091)
- 2.0 ml – 80 injections (Catalog #5092)
- 8.0 ml – 320 injections (Catalog #5093)