NOTE: To place order using Credit Card, P-Card, or Purchase Order – please choose kit size above and click “Add to cart” button. You can place order online without creating an account.
Transfection Reagent for 3LL Cells (Lewis Lung Carcinoma Cells)
- A nanoparticle-based liposome formulation
- Transfection protocols provided for transfection of proteins, DNA, mRNA, siRNA, shRNA and microRNA
- Transfection Enhancer reagent provided with the kit
- Produce higher level of recombinant protein expression with minimal disruption of normal cell function
- Generate physiologically relevant data you can trust
- Effective for plasmid DNA/siRNA co-transfection
- Low cytotoxicity
- Download in vitro 3LL transfection protocol: [PDF]
- Download PowerPoint presentation for 3LL cells transfection kit: [PPT]
- Developed and manufactured by Altogen Biosystems
Reagent exhibits at least 73% transfection efficiency of siRNA delivery. Transfection efficiency was determined by real-time RT-PCR.
3LL Cell Line:
Lewis Lung Carcinoma cells (also known as 3LL cells or LLC cells) are generally used for transplantable malignancy. The cells got their name after Dr. Margaret R. Lewis of the Wistar Institute, who discovered carcinoma in 1951. This cell line has been known to show reduced metastatic ability when exposed to ultraviolet light. It has also been observed that the presence of cannabinoids suppresses cell growth. These cells could be useful for medical research for treatments to certain types of lung cancer, and many other molecular or cell biology studies. According to the recent data, proliferative advantage of 3LL metastatic cells is achieved by the gene expression which prevent tumor cells from escaping hostile microenvironmental conditions.
Figure 1. GAPD mRNA levels were quantified using real-time RT-PCR in the cells transfected with siRNAs targeting GAPD or non-silencing siRNA. Forty-eight hours post-transfection, 3LL cells were harvested and analyzed by real-time RT-PCR for GAPDH mRNA expression levels. Data were normalized against the 18S rRNA signal. Control samples were either mock-transfected or untreated. Values are normalized to untreated sample. Data are means ± SD (n=3).
Figure 2. Protein expression of GAPDH in 3LL cells. DNA plasmid expressing GAPDH or siRNA targeting GAPDH were transfected into 3LL cells following Altogen Biosystems transfection protocol. At 72 hours post-transfection the cells were analyzed by Western Blot for protein expression levels (normalized by total protein, 10 µg of total protein loaded per each well). Untreated cells used as a negative control.
Selected in vivo transfection product citations (ALTOGEN® IN VIVO Transfection Kits used in the following publications):
- Nature. 2008 454(7203):523-7. Innate immunity induced by composition-dependent RIG-I …Saito et al [PDF]
- Nature Biotechnology. 2011 29(4):341-5. Delivery of siRNA to the mouse brain by … Alvarez-Erviti et al [PDF]
- RNA. 2010 16(11):2108-19. RNase L releases a small RNA from HCV RNA that refolds … Malathi et al [PDF]
- Diabetologia. 2012 55(7):2069-79. The p47phox- and NADPH oxidase organiser 1 … Youn et al [PDF]
- Circulation Research. 2010 15;107(8). Kruppel-like factor-4 transcriptionally regulates … Cowan et al [PDF]
- Hypertension. 2012 59(1):158-66. Role of uncoupled endothelial nitric oxide synthase … Gao et al [PDF]
- Jounal of Biological Chemistry. 2012 287(4):2907. Chaperoning of mutant p53 protein … Gogna et al [PDF]
- PLoS Pathogens. 2012 8(8) Uridine composition of the poly-U/UC tract of HCV RNA … Schnell et al [PDF]
- J Proteome Res. 2012(11) Retinal proteome analysis in a mouse model of oxygen-induced … Kim et al [PDF]
Altogen Biosystems manufacturers cell type specific and preoptimized transfection products, elecroporation kits, and in vivo delivery reagents for life science research. Advanced formulation of reagents and optimized transfection protocols provide efficient intracellular delivery of protein, DNA, mRNA, shRNA and siRNA molecules. Read more about transfection technology at Altogen’s Transfection Resource.
Altogen Research Services:
Altogen Labs provides GLP-compliant contract research studies for pre-clinical research, IND applications, and drug development. Biology CRO services include: Xenograft models (30+), development of stable cell lines, ELISA assay development, cell-based and tissue targeted RNAi studies, safety pharm/tox assays, and other studies (visit AltogenLabs.com).
- 0.5 ml (Catalog #1701)
- 1.5 ml (Catalog #1702)
- 8.0 ml (Catalog #7015)