NOTE: To place order using Credit Card, P-Card, or Purchase Order – please choose kit size above and click “Add to cart” button. You can place order online without creating an account.
Transfection Reagent for DU145 Cells (Prostate Carcinoma Cells, HTB-81)
- Proprietary cationic lipids formulation
- High transfection efficiency of small RNA (siRNA, shRNA, miRNA), mRNA, pDNA
- Effective and robust intracellular delivery
- Work in the presence of serum
- A proven reagent for establishing stable DU145 cell lines
- Optimized transfection protocols are adapted for use with both standard & reverse transfection methods
- Download DU145 CRISPR/Cas9 transfection protocol: [PDF]
- Download PowerPoint presentation for DU145 cells transfection kit: [PPT]
- Developed and manufactured by Altogen Biosystems
Reagent exhibits at least 75% transfection efficiency of siRNA delivery. Transfection efficiency was determined by qRT-PCR.
Transfection Protocol and MSDS:
Download Altogen Biosystems Transfection Protocol: [PDF]
Download MSDS: [PDF]
DU145 Cell Line:
According to American Cancer Society, over 161,000 men are estimated to be diagnosed with prostate cancer by the end of 2017. It is the third primary cause of male cancer deaths, in the United States. Prostate cancer is the most prevalent cancer especially in older males and can be successfully cured if diagnosed early. However, when it has spread to other parts of the body, more complicated treatment is required. The DU-145 prostate cancer cell line comprises androgen independent cells with a moderate ability to metastasize. The DU-145 cell line was established from human prostate cancer cells. These cells exhibit an epithelial cell morphology and possess metastatic potential. DU-145 cells are commonly used, along with PC3 cell line, in the study of prostate cancer, which affects many people (mainly men over the age of 50). This cell line is considered one of the “classical” prostate cancer cell lines. These cells are not sensitive to hormones and fail to express prostate-specific antigen (PSA). DU-145 cells are epithelial-like adherent cells growing as monolayers. The DU-145 line is not measurably hormone sensitive. It is only weakly positive for acid phosphatase, and isolated cells form colonies in soft agar. Analyses of the cell line have revealed microvilli, tonofilaments, and desmosomes. DU-145 do not express prostate antigen but do express functional receptor activator of NF-kappaB and androgen receptor. It has been shown glucosamine suppresses proliferation of DU-145. Transfection studies carried out using established cell lines significantly aid cancer research. Altogen Biosystems offers efficient lipid-based transfection reagent kits for the DU-145 prostate cancer cell line.
Figure 1. siRNAs targeting Lamin A/C mRNA or non-silencing control siRNA were transfected into DU-145 cells following the recommended protocol. At 48 hours post-transfection the cells were analyzed by qRT-PCR for Lamin A/C gene expression levels. 18S rRNA levels were used to normalize the Lamin A/C data. Values are normalized to untreated sample. Data are means ± SD (n=4).
Figure 2. Protein expression of Lamin A/C in DU145 cells. DNA plasmid expressing Lamin A/C or siRNA targeting Lamin A/C were transfected into DU145 cells following Altogen Biosystems transfection protocol. At 72 hours post-transfection the cells were analyzed by Western Blot for protein expression levels (normalized by total protein, 10 µg of total protein loaded per each well). Untreated cells used as a negative control.
Selected in vivo transfection product citations (ALTOGEN® IN VIVO Transfection Kits used in the following publications):
- Circulation Research. 2010 15;107(8). Kruppel-like factor-4 transcriptionally regulates … Cowan et al [PDF]
- Hypertension. 2012 59(1):158-66. Role of uncoupled endothelial nitric oxide synthase … Gao et al [PDF]
- Jounal of Biological Chemistry. 2012 287(4):2907. Chaperoning of mutant p53 protein … Gogna et al [PDF]
- J Proteome Res. 2012(11) Retinal proteome analysis in a mouse model of oxygen-induced … Kim et al [PDF]
- Mol Cell Biol. 2013 33(7). SCO2 induces p53-mediated apoptosis by Thr845 phosphorylation … Madan et al [PDF]
- Hypertension. 2015 65(2):430-9. Neurokinin 3 receptor and phosphocholine transferase… Parchim et al [PDF]
Altogen Biosystems provides pre-optimized transfection kits and electroporation products for life science research. Transfection products are developed for individual cancer cell line and transfection protocols are optimized to enable high transfection efficiency of biomolecules. Altogen Biosystems developed in vivo delivery products for small animal research, mouse and rat targeted tissue delivery: liver targeted, pancreas targeted, kidney targeted, PEG-Liposome-, Nanoparticle-, Lipid-, and Polymer-based in vivo transfection kits. Advanced formulation of reagents and optimized transfection protocols provide efficient intracellular delivery of biomolecules. Read more about transfection technology at Altogen’s Transfection Resource.
Altogen Labs Research Services:
Altogen Labs provides GLP-compliant contract research studies for pre-clinical research, IND applications, and drug development. Biology CRO services include: Xenograft models (30+), development of stable cell lines, ELISA assay development, cell-based and tissue targeted RNAi studies, safety pharm/tox assays, and other studies (visit AltogenLabs.com).
- 0.5 ml (Catalog #1749)
- 1.5 ml (Catalog #1750)
- 1.5 ml CRISPR (Catalog #2140)
- 8.0 ml (Catalog #7038)