NOTE: To place order using Credit Card, P-Card, or Purchase Order – please choose kit size above and click “Add to cart” button. You can place order online without creating an account.
Transfection Reagent for Caco-2 Cells (Colon Adenocarcinoma Cell, HTB-37)
- A biodegradable polymer based trasfection agent – once inside the cell, the polymer degrades into smaller less toxic components reducing cell toxicity, facilitating release of the transgene, and improving transfection efficiency
- Optimized for intracellular delivery of plasmid DNA, si/shRNA, microRNA, and mRNA
- High transfection efficiency of both siRNA and plasmid DNA without compromising cell viability
- Achieve robust siRNA uptake for dependable gene silencing
- Effective transfection under conditions of up to 40% serum
- Gentle enough to be used for single cell analysis
- Download Caco-2 CRISPR/Cas9 transfection protocol: [PDF]
- Download PowerPoint presentation for Caco-2 cells transfection kit: [PPT]
- Developed and manufactured by Altogen Biosystems
Reagent exhibits at least 94% transfection efficiency of siRNA delivery. Transfection efficiency was determined by qRT-PCR.
Transfection Protocol and MSDS:
Download Altogen Biosystems Caco2 Transfection Protocol: [PDF]
Download MSDS: [PDF]
Caco-2 Cell Line:
The earlier colon cancer is diagnosed, the better the outlook for complete recovery and survival. However, despite the recent cancer breakthroughs, it can be extremely challenging to increase life expectancy in patients with late-stage colon cancer. The Caco-2 cell line is established from a patient with colorectal carcinoma and is widely known for its rapid differentiating ability. With a modal chromosome number of 96, many of these cells are polyploidy. The Caco-2 cell line is susceptible to human immunodeficiency virus 1 and could be potentially useful for the study of certain types of colon cancer in humans. This cell line has been known to double every ~62 hours. Transfection is a powerful investigative research tool that can be used to study molecular and biochemical pathways in cancer cells. Altogen Biosystems provides efficient biodegradable transfection reagent kits for the Caco-2 colon cancer cell line. A polymer-based transfection Caco-2 kit for colon adenocarcinoma cells yields at least 94% transfection efficiency and is a helpful tool for gene expression studies as well as for assessing cellular functionality.
Figure 1. GAPD mRNA levels were quantified using real-time qPCR in the Caco-2 cells transfected with siRNAs targeting GAPD or non-silencing siRNA. Forty-eight hours post-transfection, the cells were harvested and analyzed by real-time qPCR for GAPD mRNA expression levels. Data were normalized against the 18S rRNA signal. Control samples were either mock-transfected or untreated. Values are normalized to untreated sample. Data are means ± SD (n=5).
Figure 2. Protein expression of GAPDH in Caco-2 cells. DNA plasmid expressing GAPDH or siRNA targeting GAPDH were transfected into Caco-2 cells following Altogen Biosystems transfection protocol. At 72 hours post-transfection the cells were analyzed by Western Blot for protein expression levels (normalized by total protein, 10 µg of total protein loaded per each well). Untreated cells used as a negative control.
Selected Caco-2 transfection reagent citation references:
- PLoS One. 2014 10;9(7). SOX2 expression is regulated by BRAF and contributes to poor patient prognosis in colorectal cancer. Lundberg et al [PDF]
- Hypertension. 2012 59(1):158-66. Role of uncoupled endothelial nitric oxide synthase … Gao et al [PDF]
- Gastroenterology. 2011 141(2) Differential type I interferon-mediated autophagic trafficking … Desai et al [PDF]
- PLOS ONE. 2014. SOX2 Expression Is Regulated by BRAF and … Lundberg et al [PDF]
Altogen Biosystems is a life sciences company that manufactures over 100 cell type specific and pre-optimized transfection kits, electroporation buffers, and targeted in vivo delivery kits and reagents. Advanced formulation of reagents and optimized transfection protocols provide highly efficient intracellular delivery of biomolecules (proteins, DNA, mRNA, shRNA and siRNA, and small molecule compounds). Read more about transfection technology at Altogen’s Transfection Resource.
Altogen Labs Research Services:
Altogen Labs provides GLP-compliant contract research studies for pre-clinical research, IND applications, and drug development. Our biology CRO services include: Xenograft services (over 60 xenograft models), development of stable cell lines, ELISA assay development, cell-based and tissue targeted RNAi studies, safety pharm/tox assays, and other studies (visit AltogenLabs.com).
- 0.5 ml (Catalog #6347)
- 1.5 ml (Catalog #6348)
- 1.5 ml CRISPR (Catalog #2122)
- 8.0 ml (Catalog #6349)