NOTE: To place order using Credit Card, P-Card, or Purchase Order – please choose kit size above and click “Add to cart” button. You can place order online without creating an account.
Transfection Reagent for Calu-6 Cells (Lung Carcinoma Cell, HTB-56)
Liposome formulation enhances lipid mediated transfection efficiency
Optimized easy-to-use transfection protocol provided for transfection of siRNA, DNA, mRNA, and microRNA
Kit includes Transfection Enhancer reagent and recommended transfection protocol
High transfection efficacy in the presence of serum
Works well for standard reverse transfection and high-throughput applications
- Download PowerPoint presentation for Calu-6 cells transfection kit: [PPT]
Developed and manufactured by Altogen Biosystems
Reagent exhibits at least 90% transfection efficiency of siRNA delivery. Transfection efficiency was determined by qRT-PCR.
Transfection Protocol and MSDS:
Download Altogen Biosystems Calu-6 Transfection Protocol: [PDF]
Download MSDS: [PDF]
Calu-6 Cell Line:
Lung cancer is considered the leading cause of cancer death worldwide among both women and men, mainly occurring in older people, with an average patient age of 70 years and less than 2% of all diagnosed patients being younger than 45, per the American Cancer Society (ACS). Moreover, it is considered the most preventable cancer, affecting smokers 15 to 30 times more often than people who do not smoke. The Calu-6 epithelial cell line was derived from tissue of a 61-year-old Caucasian female patient with anaplastic carcinoma (lung cancer). Anaplastic carcinoma is a condition in which cells rapidly proliferate, but lose their original differentiation, leading to high malignancy. The modal chromosome number in the Calu-6 cell line is 59, and these cells are highly utilized in investigative research. Calu-6 cells have been used to better understand the relationship between antimycin A (AMA) and lung cancer cells. It has been suggested in studies that changes of reactive oxygen species (ROS) and glutathione (GSH) affect apoptosis in AMA-treated Calu-6 cells. Also, using AMA as a mitochondrial electron transport inhibitor decreased the growth of Calu-6 cells by inducing a G1 arrest of the cell cycle and apoptosis. Tiron, a ROS scavenger, protects human lung cancer Calu-6 cells against antimycin A-induced cell death. The Calu-6 cell line has also been employed in research of the mechanism underlying pressure transduction of the renin-angiotensin system. Altogen Biosystems provides pre-optimized transfection reagent kits for the Calu-6 anaplastic lung cancer cell line that yield around 90% transfection efficiency, as per qRT-PCR.
Figure 1. GAPD mRNA levels were quantified using real-time RT-PCR in the Calu-6 cells transfected with siRNAs targeting GAPD or non-silencing siRNA. Forty-eight hours post-transfection, the cells were harvested and analyzed by real-time RT-PCR for GAPDH mRNA expression levels. Data were normalized against the 18S rRNA signal. Control samples were either mock-transfected or untreated. Values are normalized to untreated sample. Data are means ± SD (n=3).
Figure 2. Protein expression of GAPDH in Calu-6 cells. DNA plasmid expressing GAPDH or siRNA targeting GAPDH were transfected into Calu-6 cells following Altogen Biosystems transfection protocol. At 72 hours post-transfection the cells were analyzed by Western Blot for protein expression levels (normalized by total protein, 10 µg of total protein loaded per each well). Untreated cells used as a negative control.
Selected in vivo transfection product citations (ALTOGEN® IN VIVO Transfection Kits used in the following publications):
- Nature. 2008 454(7203):523-7. Innate immunity induced by composition-dependent RIG-I …Saito et al [PDF]
- Am J Pathology. 2010 177(4):1870-80. Role of ocular complement factor H in a murine model … Lyzogubov et al [PDF]
- Nature Biotechnology. 2011 29(4):341-5. Delivery of siRNA to the mouse brain by … Alvarez-Erviti et al [PDF]
- Cancer Research. 2011 71(15):5144-53. Inhibition of miR-193a expression by… Iliopoulos et al [PDF]
- RNA. 2010 16(11):2108-19. RNase L releases a small RNA from HCV RNA that refolds … Malathi et al [PDF]
- Diabetologia. 2012 55(7):2069-79. The p47phox- and NADPH oxidase organiser 1 … Youn et al [PDF]
- British Journal of Cancer. 2012 107(3):516-26. TIGAR induces p53-mediated cell-cycle … Madan et al [PDF]
- Hypertension. 2014 63(2):353-61. Tissue transglutaminase contributes to … Liu et al [PDF]
- Circulation Research. 2010 15;107(8). Kruppel-like factor-4 transcriptionally regulates … Cowan et al [PDF]
- Hypertension. 2012 59(1):158-66. Role of uncoupled endothelial nitric oxide synthase … Gao et al [PDF]
- Jounal of Biological Chemistry. 2012 287(4):2907. Chaperoning of mutant p53 protein … Gogna et al [PDF]
- PLoS Pathogens. 2012 8(8) Uridine composition of the poly-U/UC tract of HCV RNA … Schnell et al [PDF]
- J Proteome Res. 2012(11) Retinal proteome analysis in a mouse model of oxygen-induced … Kim et al [PDF]
- J Transl Med. 2010 15;8:133. Prevention of hyperglycemia-induced myocardial apoptosis … Zhang et al [PDF]
- Mol Cell Biol. 2013 33(7). SCO2 induces p53-mediated apoptosis by Thr845 phosphorylation … Madan et al [PDF]
- Hypertension. 2015 65(2):430-9. Neurokinin 3 receptor and phosphocholine transferase… Parchim et al [PDF]
- Gastroenterology. 2011 141(2) Differential type I interferon-mediated autophagic trafficking … Desai et al [PDF]
- PLoS Pathog. 2014 10(10) Exosomes from hepatitis C infected patients transmit HCV … Bukong et al [PDF]
Altogen Biosystems manufacturers preoptimized transfection kits for cancer research. Reagents and transfection protocols are optimized for individual cancer cell lines. Altogen Biosystems developed two types of in vivo delivery kits for animal research: Tissue-targeted reagents (delivery into liver, pancreas, and kidney tissues), and in vivo biodistribution reagents (PEG-Liposome, Nanoparticle, Lipid, and Polymer-based kits). Optimized transfection protocols provide efficient intracellular delivery of proteins, DNA, and RNA molecules in vitro and in vivo. Read more about transfection technology at Altogen’s Transfection Resource.
Altogen Research Services:
Altogen Labs provides GLP-compliant contract research studies for pre-clinical research, IND applications, and drug development. Biology CRO services include: Xenograft models (30+), development of stable cell lines, ELISA assay development, cell-based and tissue targeted RNAi studies, safety pharm/tox assays, and other studies (visit AltogenLabs.com).
- 0.5 ml (Catalog #1727)
- 1.5 ml (Catalog #1728)
- 1.5 ml CRISPR (Catalog #2125)
- 8.0 ml (Catalog #7027)