NOTE: To place order using Credit Card, P-Card, or Purchase Order – please choose kit size above and click “Add to cart” button. You can place order online without creating an account.
Transfection Reagent for 3T3 L1 Cells (Embryonic Fibroblast Cells, CL-173)
- Proprietary cationic lipids formulation
- Effective and robust intracellular delivery
- Kit includes Transfection Enhancer reagent
- Produces consistent results, lot-to-lot, plate-to-plate, and well-to-well
- A proven reagent for establishing stable cell lines
- Optimized transfection protocols are adapted for use with both standard & reverse transfection methods
- Download in vitro 3T3 transfection protocol: [PDF]
- Download PowerPoint presentation for 3T3-L1 cells transfection kit: [PPT]
- Developed and manufactured by Altogen Biosystems
Reagent exhibits at least 80% transfection efficiency of siRNA delivery. Transfection efficiency was determined by real-time RT-PCR.
3T3 Cell Line:
The 3T3-L1 cell line was established in 1974 from a Swiss albino mouse (Mus musculus) embryo. This cell line exhibits fibroblast morphology, and is very similar to the 3T3 cell line, from which it is derived. These cells do not carry ectromelia virus (mousepox). 3T3-L1 could be useful for studying fibroblast cells, or mammalian embryonic tissue. This cell line has been known to double every ~14 hours.
Figure 1. siRNAs targeting Lamin A/C mRNA or non-silencing control siRNA were transfected into 3T3L1 cells following the recommended protocol. At 48 hours post-transfection the cells were analyzed by qRT-PCR for Lamin A/C gene expression levels. 18S rRNA levels were used to normalize the Lamin A/C data. Values are normalized to untreated sample. Data are means ± SD (n=4).
Figure 2. Protein expression of Lamin A/C in 3T3-L1 cells. DNA plasmid expressing Lamin A/C or siRNA targeting Lamin A/C were transfected into 3T3-L1 cells following Altogen Biosystems transfection protocol. At 72 hours post-transfection the cells were analyzed by Western Blot for protein expression levels (normalized by total protein, 10 µg of total protein loaded per each well). Untreated cells used as a negative control.
Selected in vivo transfection product citations (ALTOGEN® IN VIVO Transfection Kits used in the following publications):
- Nature. 2008 454(7203):523-7. Innate immunity induced by composition-dependent RIG-I …Saito et al [PDF]
- Am J Pathology. 2010 177(4):1870-80. Role of ocular complement factor H in a murine model … Lyzogubov et al [PDF]
- Nature Biotechnology. 2011 29(4):341-5. Delivery of siRNA to the mouse brain by … Alvarez-Erviti et al [PDF]
- Cancer Research. 2011 71(15):5144-53. Inhibition of miR-193a expression by… Iliopoulos et al [PDF]
- RNA. 2010 16(11):2108-19. RNase L releases a small RNA from HCV RNA that refolds … Malathi et al [PDF]
- Diabetologia. 2012 55(7):2069-79. The p47phox- and NADPH oxidase organiser 1 … Youn et al [PDF]
- British Journal of Cancer. 2012 107(3):516-26. TIGAR induces p53-mediated cell-cycle … Madan et al [PDF]
- Hypertension. 2014 63(2):353-61. Tissue transglutaminase contributes to … Liu et al [PDF]
- Circulation Research. 2010 15;107(8). Kruppel-like factor-4 transcriptionally regulates … Cowan et al [PDF]
- Hypertension. 2012 59(1):158-66. Role of uncoupled endothelial nitric oxide synthase … Gao et al [PDF]
- Jounal of Biological Chemistry. 2012 287(4):2907. Chaperoning of mutant p53 protein … Gogna et al [PDF]
- Mol Cell Biol. 2013 33(7). SCO2 induces p53-mediated apoptosis by Thr845 phosphorylation … Madan et al [PDF]
- Hypertension. 2015 65(2):430-9. Neurokinin 3 receptor and phosphocholine transferase… Parchim et al [PDF]
Altogen Biosystems is a life sciences company that offers over 100 cell type-specific and pre-optimized transfection products, elecroporation kits, and in vivo delivery reagents. Advanced formulation of reagents and optimized transfection protocols provide efficient intracellular delivery of protein, DNA, mRNA, shRNA and siRNA molecules. Read more about transfection technology at Altogen’s Transfection Resource.
Altogen Research Services:
Altogen Labs provides GLP-compliant contract research studies for pre-clinical research, IND applications, and drug development. Biology CRO services include: Xenograft models (30+), development of stable cell lines, ELISA assay development, cell-based and tissue targeted RNAi studies, safety pharm/tox assays, and other studies (visit AltogenLabs.com).
- 0.5 ml (Catalog #1161)
- 1.5 ml (Catalog #1162)
- 1.5 ml CRISPR (Catalog #2207)
- 8.0 ml (Catalog #7016)