Product Availability: In Stock (FedEx delivery within 2 business days).
Ordering: To place an order please use Add to Cart button (account not required).
DNA Electroporation Buffer (30 ml)
- Certified RNAse-, DNAse-free electroporation buffer
- Optimized for efficient DNA transfer
- Buffer formulation mimics cellular cytoplasm composition enhancing electroporation pore resealing
- Validated for use with human cell lines
- High viability and cell recovery rates
- Developed and manufactured by Altogen Biosystems
Altogen Biosystems is a life sciences company that manufactures over 100 cell type specific and optimized transfection kits, electroporation buffers, and targeted in vivo delivery kits. Advanced formulation of reagents and optimized electroporation protocols provide highly efficient intracellular delivery of biomolecules (proteins, DNA, mRNA, shRNA and siRNA, and small molecule compounds). Read more about electroporation technology at Altogen’s Transfection Resource.
DNA Electroporation Buffer
The DNA electroporation buffer is a specialized buffer used to prepare cells for electroporation with DNA molecules. The buffer is designed to maintain the integrity of the cell membrane during the electroporation process, while also facilitating the uptake of the DNA molecule of interest.
The composition of the DNA electroporation buffer may vary depending on the cell type and the DNA being delivered, but typically includes the following components:
- Low salt concentration: A low salt concentration is used to minimize the osmotic shock to the cells during electroporation.
- Neutral pH: The buffer is adjusted to a neutral pH to maintain the stability of the DNA molecule of interest and prevent damage to the cells.
- Supplemental agents: Additional agents, such as glycerol or sucrose, may be added to the buffer to protect the cells and the DNA from the effects of electroporation.
- Antibiotics: Antibiotics may be added to the buffer to prevent contamination of the cells with bacteria or fungi.
It is important to optimize the composition and concentration of the DNA electroporation buffer to ensure efficient delivery of the DNA into the cells while minimizing toxicity or other adverse effects. Careful attention should be given to the preparation of the buffer and the handling of the cells to ensure the success and reproducibility of the experiment.
Altogen Research Services:
Altogen Labs provides GLP-compliant contract research studies for pre-clinical research, IND applications, and drug development. Biology CRO services include: xenograft models (90+), development of stable cell lines, ELISA assay development, cell-based and tissue targeted RNAi studies, safety pharm/tox assays, and other studies (visit AltogenLabs.com).
- 30 ml (Catalog #4067)