NOTE: To place order using Credit Card, P-Card, or Purchase Order – please choose kit size above and click “Add to cart” button. You can place order online without creating an account.
Transfection Reagent for 4T1 Cells (Breast Cancer Cells, CRL-2539)
- Two component formulation enhances lipid mediated transfection efficiency
- Optimized easy-to-use transfection protocol provided for transfection of siRNA, DNA, mRNA, and microRNA
- Kit includes Transfection Enhancer reagent and recommended transfection protocol
- High transfection efficacy in the presence of serum
- Expand your RNAi application with a reagent optimized for delivery of both siRNA and plasmid
- Reproducible transfection results
- Works well for standard reverse transfection and high-throughput applications
- Download in vitro 4T1 transfection protocol: [PDF]
- Download PowerPoint presentation for 4T1 cells transfection kit: [PPT]
- Developed and manufactured by Altogen Biosystems
Reagent exhibits at least 67% transfection efficiency of siRNA delivery. Transfection efficiency was determined by real-time RT-PCR.
4T1 Cell Line:
The 4T1 cell line was established from the tumor of the mammary gland in a mouse (Mus musculus). This cell line was selected as resistant to 6-thioguanine without mutagen treatment. This type of tumor easily, and quickly spreads throughout the body of the mice it effects. This tumorigenic cell line exhibits epithelial cellular morphology. These cells are useful model in cancer research.
Figure 1. Cyclophilin B silencing efficiency was determined by qRT-PCR in the 4T1 cells transfected by Cyclophilin B siRNA or non-silencing siRNA control following the recommended transfection protocol. Cyclophilin mRNA expression levels were measured 48 hours post-transfection. 18S rRNA levels were used to normalize the Cyclophilin B data. Values are normalized to untreated sample. Data are presented as means ± SD (n=6).
Figure 2. Protein expression of Cyclophilin B in 4T1 cells. DNA plasmid expressing Cyclophilin B or siRNA targeting Cyclophilin B were transfected into 4T1 cells following Altogen Biosystems transfection protocol. At 72 hours post-transfection the cells were analyzed by Western Blot for protein expression levels (normalized by total protein, 10 µg of total protein loaded per each well). Untreated cells used as a negative control.
Selected in vivo transfection product citations (ALTOGEN® IN VIVO Transfection Kits used in the following publications):
- Nature. 2008 454(7203):523-7. Innate immunity induced by composition-dependent RIG-I …Saito et al [PDF]
- Am J Pathology. 2010 177(4):1870-80. Role of ocular complement factor H in a murine model … Lyzogubov et al [PDF]
- RNA. 2010 16(11):2108-19. RNase L releases a small RNA from HCV RNA that refolds … Malathi et al [PDF]
- Hypertension. 2014 63(2):353-61. Tissue transglutaminase contributes to … Liu et al [PDF]
- Jounal of Biological Chemistry. 2012 287(4):2907. Chaperoning of mutant p53 protein … Gogna et al [PDF]
- J Transl Med. 2010 15;8:133. Prevention of hyperglycemia-induced myocardial apoptosis … Zhang et al [PDF]
- Mol Cell Biol. 2013 33(7). SCO2 induces p53-mediated apoptosis by Thr845 phosphorylation … Madan et al [PDF]
Altogen Biosystems is a life sciences company that offers cell type-specific and pre-optimized transfection products, elecroporation kits, and in vivo delivery reagents. Advanced formulation of reagents and optimized transfection protocols provide efficient intracellular delivery of protein, DNA, mRNA, shRNA and siRNA molecules. Read more about transfection technology at Altogen’s Transfection Resource.
Altogen Research Services:
Altogen Labs provides GLP-compliant contract research studies for pre-clinical research, IND applications, and drug development. Biology CRO services include: Xenograft models (30+), development of stable cell lines, ELISA assay development, cell-based and tissue targeted RNAi studies, safety pharm/tox assays, and other studies (visit AltogenLabs.com).
- 0.5 ml (Catalog #1163)
- 1.5 ml (Catalog #1164)
- 1.5 ml CRISPR (Catalog #2208)
- 8.0 ml (Catalog #7017)