NOTE: To place order using Credit Card, P-Card, or Purchase Order – please choose kit size above and click “Add to cart” button. You can place order online without creating an account.
Transfection Reagent for C2C12 Cells (Mouse Myoblast Cells, CRL-1772)
- Lipid-based transfection reagent
- Optimized easy-to-use transfection protocol provided for transfection of siRNA, DNA, mRNA, and microRNA
- Kit includes Transfection Enhancer reagent and recommended transfection protocol
- High transfection efficacy in the presence of serum
- Expand your RNAi application with a reagent optimized for delivery of both siRNA and plasmid
- Reproducible transfection results
- Works well for standard reverse transfection and high-throughput applications
- Download C2C12 CRISPR/Cas9 transfection protocol: [PDF]
- Download PowerPoint presentation for C2C12 cells transfection kit: [PPT]
- Developed and manufactured by Altogen Biosystems
Reagent exhibits at least 88% transfection efficiency of siRNA delivery. Transfection efficiency was determined by qRT-PCR.
Transfection Protocol and MSDS:
Download Altogen Biosystems C2C12 Transfection Protocol: [PDF]
Download MSDS: [PDF]
C2C12 Cell Line:
Myocytes are long tubular cells that arise from myoblasts and make up muscle fibers in human beings. Subcloning is the targeted transfer of a specific DNA sequence from the parent vector to the target one. The C2C12 mouse myoblast cell line is a muscle tissue cell line that was derived from a subclone of a mouse (Mus musculus) cell line. C2C12 is a muscle tissue cell line, which exhibits myoblast morphology. This cell line acts as a good transfection model, but can rapidly differentiate into contractile myotubes, producing muscle-specific proteins. C2C12 has been tested negative for mousepox (ectromelia virus). These cells could be used for biomedical research and cell biology, especially of mammalian myoblast cells. Owing to its ability for rapid differentiation that can be easily modulated by treatment with proteins, the C2C12 cell line has proven to be a reliable transfection host for the study of muscle cells. Altogen Biosystems provides pre-optimized lipid-based transfection reagent kits, which have demonstrated high transfection efficiency verified by qRT-PCR, for the C2C12 mouse myoblast cell line.
Figure 1. GAPD mRNA levels were quantified using real-time RT-PCR in the C2C12 cells transfected with siRNAs targeting GAPD or non-silencing siRNA. Forty-eight hours post-transfection, the cells were harvested and analyzed by real-time RT-PCR for GAPD mRNA expression levels. Data were normalized against the 18S rRNA signal. Control samples were either mock-transfected or untreated. Values are normalized to untreated sample. Data are means ± SD (n=5).
Figure 2. Protein expression of GAPDH in C2C12 cells. DNA plasmid expressing GAPDH or siRNA targeting GAPDH were transfected into C2C12 cells following Altogen Biosystems transfection protocol. At 72 hours post-transfection the cells were analyzed by Western Blot for protein expression levels (normalized by total protein, 10 µg of total protein loaded per each well). Untreated cells used as a negative control.
Selected in vivo transfection product citations (ALTOGEN® IN VIVO Transfection Kits used in the following publications):
- Nature. 2008 454(7203):523-7. Innate immunity induced by composition-dependent RIG-I …Saito et al [PDF]
- Hypertension. 2014 63(2):353-61. Tissue transglutaminase contributes to … Liu et al [PDF]
- Circulation Research. 2010 15;107(8). Kruppel-like factor-4 transcriptionally regulates … Cowan et al [PDF]
- Hypertension. 2012 59(1):158-66. Role of uncoupled endothelial nitric oxide synthase … Gao et al [PDF]
- Jounal of Biological Chemistry. 2012 287(4):2907. Chaperoning of mutant p53 protein … Gogna et al [PDF]
- PLoS Pathogens. 2012 8(8) Uridine composition of the poly-U/UC tract of HCV RNA … Schnell et al [PDF]
- J Proteome Res. 2012(11) Retinal proteome analysis in a mouse model of oxygen-induced … Kim et al [PDF]
- J Transl Med. 2010 15;8:133. Prevention of hyperglycemia-induced myocardial apoptosis … Zhang et al [PDF]
- Mol Cell Biol. 2013 33(7). SCO2 induces p53-mediated apoptosis by Thr845 phosphorylation … Madan et al [PDF]
- Hypertension. 2015 65(2):430-9. Neurokinin 3 receptor and phosphocholine transferase… Parchim et al [PDF]
Altogen Biosystems transfection and electroporation products for life sciences and cancer research. Transfection reagents are developed for individual cancer cell line and transfection protocols are optimized for maximum delivery efficiency. Advanced formulation of reagents and optimized transfection protocols provide efficient intracellular delivery of proteins, DNA, mRNA, shRNA, siRNA, and other negatively charged biomolecules in vitro and in vivo. Read more about transfection technology at Altogen’s Transfection Resource.
Altogen Labs Research Services:
Altogen Labs provides GLP-compliant contract research studies for pre-clinical research, IND applications, and drug development. Biology CRO services include: Xenograft models (30+), development of stable cell lines, ELISA assay development, cell-based and tissue targeted RNAi studies, safety pharm/tox assays, and other studies (visit AltogenLabs.com).
- 0.5 ml (Catalog #6343)
- 1.5 ml (Catalog #6344)
- 1.5 ml CRISPR (Catalog #2120)
- 8.0 ml (Catalog #7025)