Product Availability: In Stock (FedEx delivery within 2 business days).
Ordering: To place an order please use Add to Cart button (account not required).
Electroporation Kit for K562 Cells (AML Leukemia Cell Line, CCL-243)
• Electroporation Kit include: electroporation buffer + buffer-specific optimized electroporation protocols
• Optimized electroporation protocols are provided for delivery of plasmids (DNA), siRNA, mRNA, and proteins
• Proprietary electroporation buffer formulation mimics cellular cytoplasm composition (superior electropore resealing)
• Certified RNAse- and DNAse-free electroporation buffer
• Effective electroporation delivery and high cell viability provides reproducible electroporation results
• High cell viability and superior cell recovery rates
• Electroporation protocols are provided with with the purchase of the Electroporation Kit
• Developed and manufactured by Altogen Biosystems
4 mL of electroporation buffer is sufficient for 20 reactions using standard 0.2 cm elecrtoporation cuvette
30 mL of electroporation buffer is sufficient for 150 reactions using standard 0.2 cm elecrtoporation cuvette
Electroporation kit provides 75-90% delivery efficiency of siRNA. Electroporation efficiency was determined by qRT-PCR.
Electroporation Protocol and MSDS:
Electroporation protocols are provided with the purchase of the Electroporation Kit
Download MSDS: [PDF]
K562 Cell Line:
The K-562 cell line was originally established from the bone marrow of a 53-year-old female patient who suffered from chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML). The cells that were removed from the patient are tumorigenic, and exhibit lymphoblast morphology. K-562 cells have been characterized as being largely undifferentiated. It is popular for use as a highly sensitive in-vitro target using assays. K562 cells are a human immortalized erythroleukemia cell line that was derived from a patient with chronic myeloid leukemia in blast crisis. These cells are commonly used as a model system for studying hematopoiesis, gene regulation, and cancer biology. K562 cells have a unique property of being able to differentiate into erythrocytes in response to certain stimuli, such as hemin or sodium butyrate, which makes them a valuable tool for studying erythroid differentiation. K562 cells are widely used in research for several reasons. Firstly, they are easy to maintain in culture and can be grown in large quantities. Secondly, they have a relatively simple karyotype, which makes them a useful model for studying chromosomal abnormalities in leukemia. Thirdly, they express high levels of various transcription factors, including GATA-1 and NF-E2, which are important regulators of erythropoiesis. Research using K562 cells has contributed significantly to our understanding of the molecular mechanisms underlying erythroid differentiation and leukemia development. Additionally, K562 cells have been used to study the effects of various drugs on leukemia cells and to screen potential drug candidates for their efficacy against leukemia.
Selected in vivo transfection product citations (ALTOGEN® IN VIVO Transfection Kits used in the following publications):
- 2008 454(7203):523-7. Innate immunity induced by composition-dependent RIG-I …Saito et al [PDF]
- Am J Pathology. 2010 177(4):1870-80. Role of ocular complement factor H in a murine model … Lyzogubov et al [PDF]
- Nature Biotechnology. 2011 29(4):341-5. Delivery of siRNA to the mouse brain by … Alvarez-Erviti et al [PDF]
Altogen Biosystems is a life sciences company that manufactures over 100 cell type specific and optimized transfection kits, electroporation buffers, and targeted in vivo delivery kits. Advanced formulation of reagents and optimized electroporation protocols provide highly efficient intracellular delivery of biomolecules (proteins, DNA, mRNA, shRNA and siRNA, and small molecule compounds). Read more about electroporation technology at Altogen’s Transfection Resource.
Altogen Research Services:
Altogen Labs provides GLP-compliant contract research studies for pre-clinical research, IND applications, and drug development. Biology CRO services include: Xenograft models (90+), development of stable cell lines, ELISA assay development, cell-based and tissue targeted RNAi studies, safety pharm/tox assays, and other studies (visit AltogenLabs.com).
- 4 ml (Catalog #6570)
- 30 ml (Catalog #6571)