Product Availability: In Stock (FedEx delivery within 2 business days).
Ordering: To place an order please use Add to Cart button (account not required).
siRNA Electroporation Buffer (30 ml)
- Certified RNAse-, DNAse-free electroporation buffer
- Optimized for efficient siRNA transfer
- Buffer formulation mimics cellular cytoplasm composition enhancing electroporation pore resealing
- Validated for use with human cell lines
- High viability and cell recovery rates
- Developed and manufactured by Altogen Biosystems
siRNA Electroporation Buffer
The siRNA electroporation buffer is a specialized buffer used to prepare cells for electroporation with siRNA molecules. The buffer is designed to maintain the integrity of the cell membrane during the electroporation process, while also facilitating the uptake of the siRNA molecule of interest.
The composition of the siRNA electroporation buffer may vary depending on the cell type and the siRNA being delivered, but typically includes the following components:
- Low salt concentration: A low salt concentration is used to minimize the osmotic shock to the cells during electroporation.
- Neutral pH: The buffer is adjusted to a neutral pH to maintain the stability of the siRNA molecule of interest and prevent damage to the cells.
- Supplemental agents: Additional agents, such as glycerol or sucrose, may be added to the buffer to protect the cells and the siRNA from the effects of electroporation.
- Antibiotics: Antibiotics may be added to the buffer to prevent contamination of the cells with bacteria or fungi.
It is important to optimize the composition and concentration of the siRNA electroporation buffer to ensure efficient delivery of the siRNA into the cells while minimizing toxicity or other adverse effects. Careful attention should be given to the preparation of the buffer and the handling of the cells to ensure the success and reproducibility of the experiment.
Potent inhibition of specific gene expression is experimentally achieved by the transfection of small interfering RNA (siRNA), which binds RISC complex and cause degradation of target complementary mRNA molecules in the cell. Therefore, successful, potent RNAi experimentation is dependent upon the highly efficient delivery of the siRNA into cells by transfection of stable and functional siRNA molecules. Most DNA transfection reagents are incompatible with siRNA, sensitive to serum, or are capable of inducing cytotoxicity, which negatively affects gene expression studies. Transfection Reagents have been developed and optimized specifically for use with siRNA transfection and allow transfection in the presence of serum without lowering transfection efficiency or reducing cell viability. Ready-to-run transfection protocols eliminate the need for extensive siRNA optimization experiments. Altogen Biosystems kits are also compatible for transfection of any negatively charged biomolecules (RNA/DNA/protein).
Altogen Biosystems is a life sciences company that manufactures over 100 cell type specific and optimized transfection kits, electroporation buffers, and targeted in vivo delivery kits. Advanced formulation of reagents and optimized electroporation protocols provide highly efficient intracellular delivery of biomolecules (proteins, DNA, mRNA, shRNA and siRNA, and small molecule compounds). Read more about electroporation technology at Altogen’s Transfection Resource.
Altogen Laboratory CRO Services:
Altogen Labs provides good laboratory practice (GLP) compliant preclinical research services for IND applications and drug development. Our biology CRO services includes both efficacy studies (over 90 in-house validated xenograft models) and safety pharmacology/toxicology studies (for more details please visit AltogenLabs.com).
- 30 ml (Catalog #4066)