NOTE: To place order using Credit Card, P-Card, or Purchase Order – please choose kit size above and click “Add to cart” button. You can place order online without creating an account.
LIPID-based In Vivo Transfection Kit
siRNA and plasmid DNA in vivo delivery reagent
Modes of administration:
- Systemic intravenous (i.v.) injection
- Direct intratumoral (i.t.) injection
- Intraperitoneal (i.p.) injection
Altogen’s LIPID In Vivo Transfection Reagent
- Cationic lipid liposome-based reagent
- Lipid conjugated complexes are stable in serum for 16h
- Efficient delivery to the liver, pancreas, kidney, and certain tumor types via systemic administration
- Efficient siRNA and plasmid DNA delivery via direct subcutaneous tumor injection (various tumor types)
- Minimal toxicity
- Functionally tested in mice
- Applicable for plasmid DNA/siRNA co-injection
- Download LIPID-based in vivo transfection protocol: [PDF] [Word]
- Download PowerPoint presentation for LIPID-based in vivo transfection kit: [PPT]
- Developed and manufactured by Altogen Biosystems
Figure 1. Systemic administration (i.v.) of Lipid-based In Vivo reagent conjugated with siRNA targeting Lamin A/C mRNA or non-silencing control siRNA following the recommended protocol. Tissues were collected and RNA isolated 48 hours after first injection. Samples were analyzed by qRT-PCR for Lamin A/C gene expression levels. Ribosomal RNA levels were used to normalize the Lamin A/C data. Data are means ± SD (n=6).
Figure 2. Intratumoral administration (i.t.) of Lipid-based In Vivo reagent conjugated with siRNA targeting Lamin A/C mRNA or non-silencing control siRNA following the recommended protocol. Tissues were collected and RNA isolated 48 hours after first injection. Samples were analyzed by qRT-PCR for Lamin A/C gene expression levels. Ribosomal RNA levels were used to normalize the Lamin A/C data. Data are means ± SD (n=6).
Figure 3. Systemic administration (i.v.) of Lipid In Vivo Transfection Reagent conjugated with 80 ug of chemically modified siRNA targeting Lamin A/C mRNA or non-silencing control siRNA following the recommended protocol. Tissues (Liver, Brain, Muscle, Kidney, Tumor, Heart, Spleen, Lung) were collected and total protein fraction isolated 72 hours after first injection. Samples were analyzed by Western Blot Analysis for Lamin A/C gene expression levels.
All ALTOGEN® IN VIVO Transfection Kits supplied with ready-to-run transfection protocols that eliminate the need for extensive transfection optimization experiments. Read more about transfection technology at Altogen’s Transfection Resource.
Selected in vivo transfection product citations (ALTOGEN® IN VIVO Transfection Kits used in the following publications):
- Nature. 2008 454(7203):523-7. Innate immunity induced by composition-dependent RIG-I …Saito et al [PDF]
- Am J Pathology. 2010 177(4):1870-80. Role of ocular complement factor H in a murine model … Lyzogubov et al [PDF]
- Nature Biotechnology. 2011 29(4):341-5. Delivery of siRNA to the mouse brain by … Alvarez-Erviti et al [PDF]
- Cancer Research. 2011 71(15):5144-53. Inhibition of miR-193a expression by… Iliopoulos et al [PDF]
- RNA. 2010 16(11):2108-19. RNase L releases a small RNA from HCV RNA that refolds … Malathi et al [PDF]
- Diabetologia. 2012 55(7):2069-79. The p47phox- and NADPH oxidase organiser 1 … Youn et al [PDF]
- British Journal of Cancer. 2012 107(3):516-26. TIGAR induces p53-mediated cell-cycle … Madan et al [PDF]
- Hypertension. 2014 63(2):353-61. Tissue transglutaminase contributes to … Liu et al [PDF]
- Circulation Research. 2010 15;107(8). Kruppel-like factor-4 transcriptionally regulates … Cowan et al [PDF]
- Hypertension. 2012 59(1):158-66. Role of uncoupled endothelial nitric oxide synthase … Gao et al [PDF]
- Jounal of Biological Chemistry. 2012 287(4):2907. Chaperoning of mutant p53 protein … Gogna et al [PDF]
- PLoS Pathogens. 2012 8(8) Uridine composition of the poly-U/UC tract of HCV RNA … Schnell et al [PDF]
- J Proteome Res. 2012(11) Retinal proteome analysis in a mouse model of oxygen-induced … Kim et al [PDF]
- J Transl Med. 2010 15;8:133. Prevention of hyperglycemia-induced myocardial apoptosis … Zhang et al [PDF]
- Mol Cell Biol. 2013 33(7). SCO2 induces p53-mediated apoptosis by Thr845 phosphorylation … Madan et al [PDF]
- Hypertension. 2015 65(2):430-9. Neurokinin 3 receptor and phosphocholine transferase… Parchim et al [PDF]
- Gastroenterology. 2011 141(2) Differential type I interferon-mediated autophagic trafficking … Desai et al [PDF]
- PLoS Pathog. 2014 10(10) Exosomes from hepatitis C infected patients transmit HCV … Bukong et al [PDF]
Altogen Labs provides GLP-compliant contract research studies for pre-clinical research, IND applications, and drug development. Biology CRO services include: Xenograft models (30+), development of stable cell lines, ELISA assay development, cell-based and tissue targeted RNAi studies, safety pharm/tox assays, and other studies (visit AltogenLabs.com).
- 0.5 ml – 10 injections (Catalog #5010)
- 1.5 ml – 30 injections (Catalog #5011)
- 8.0 ml – 160 injections (Catalog #5012)