Product Availability: In Stock (delivery within 2-3 business days, no extra charge for drop-shipping).
Ordering: To place an order via credit card or PO use Add to Cart button (creating an account is not required).
Transfection Reagent for 293T/17 Cells (Embryonic Kidney Cells, CRL-11268)
- Proprietary cationic lipids formulation
- High transfection efficiency of small RNA (siRNA, shRNA, miRNA), mRNA, pDNA
- Effective and robust intracellular delivery
- Kit includes Transfection Enhancer reagent
- Produces consistent results, lot-to-lot, plate-to-plate, and well-to-well
- Work in the presence of serum
- A proven reagent for establishing stable cell lines
- Optimized transfection protocols are adapted for use with both standard & reverse transfection methods
- Download in vitro 293T/17 transfection protocol: [PDF]
- Download 293T/17 CRISPR/Cas9 transfection protocol: [PDF]
- Download PowerPoint presentation for 293T cells transfection kit: [PPT]
- Developed and manufactured by Altogen Biosystems
Reagent exhibits at least 90% transfection efficiency of siRNA delivery. Transfection efficiency was determined by real-time RT-PCR.
293T/17 Cell Line:
Kidney cancer is the twelfth leading cause of death in oncology patients, with more than 338,000 new cases diagnosed annually. It is reportedly responsible for over 13,000 fatalities every year in the United States alone. The lifetime risk of developing renal cancer is higher in black males, as stated by the American Cancer Society (ACS). Preclinical cell line models could help scientists find new therapies for patients with kidney cancer. The 293T/17 epithelial cell line is derived from the 293/293T cell line, originating from embryonic kidney cells. The 293T/17 cell line is similar to the 293 / 293T cell line. They all carry the SV40 T-antigen gene, which causes them to produce the simian virus 40 (SV40), allowing the episomal replication of transfected plasmids. The number designating this as 17 indicates the line which was selected specifically for its high ability to be transfected. In addition to being an adequate host for kidney cancer research, the 293T/17 cell line is helpful for studying kidney-related infections. 293T/17 could be useful in many types of molecular and cell biology experimental research. Altogen Biosystems offers high-efficiency transfection kits for this cell line.
Figure 1. Cyclophilin B silencing efficiency was determined by qRT-PCR in the 293T cells transfected by Cyclophilin B siRNA or non-silencing siRNA control following the recommended transfection protocol. Cyclophilin mRNA expression levels were measured 48 hours post-transfection. 18S rRNA levels were used to normalize the Cyclophilin B data. Values are normalized to untreated sample. Data are presented as means ± SD (n=6).
Figure 2. Protein expression of Cyclophilin B in 293T/17 cells. DNA plasmid expressing Cyclophilin B or siRNA targeting Cyclophilin B were transfected into 293T/17 cells following Altogen Biosystems transfection protocol. At 72 hours post-transfection the cells were analyzed by Western Blot for protein expression levels (normalized by total protein, 10 µg of total protein loaded per each well). Untreated cells used as a negative control.
Selected in vivo transfection product citations (ALTOGEN® IN VIVO Transfection Kits used in the following publications):
- Nature. 2008 454(7203):523-7. Innate immunity induced by composition-dependent RIG-I …Saito et al [PDF]
- Am J Pathology. 2010 177(4):1870-80. Role of ocular complement factor H in a murine model … Lyzogubov et al [PDF]
- Nature Biotechnology. 2011 29(4):341-5. Delivery of siRNA to the mouse brain by … Alvarez-Erviti et al [PDF]
- Cancer Research. 2011 71(15):5144-53. Inhibition of miR-193a expression by… Iliopoulos et al [PDF]
- J Proteome Res. 2012(11) Retinal proteome analysis in a mouse model of oxygen-induced … Kim et al [PDF]
Altogen Biosystems is a life sciences company that offers cell type-specific and pre-optimized transfection products, elecroporation kits, and in vivo delivery reagents. Advanced formulation of reagents and optimized transfection protocols provide efficient intra-cellular delivery of protein, DNA, mRNA, shRNA and siRNA molecules. Read more about transfection technology at Altogen’s Transfection Resource.
Altogen Labs Research Services:
Altogen Labs provides GLP-compliant contract research studies for pre-clinical research, IND applications, and drug development. Biology CRO services include: Xenograft models (30+), development of stable cell lines, ELISA assay development, cell-based and tissue targeted RNAi studies, safety pharm/tox assays, and other studies (visit AltogenLabs.com).
- 0.5 ml (Catalog #1153)
- 1.5 ml (Catalog #1154)
- 1.5 ml CRISPR (Catalog #2205)
- 8.0 ml (Catalog #1155)