NOTE: To place order using Credit Card, P-Card, or Purchase Order – please choose kit size above and click “Add to cart” button. You can place order online without creating an account.
Transfection Reagent for AGS Cells (Gastric Adenocarcinoma, CRL1739)
A biodegradable polymer based trasfection agent – once inside the cell, the polymer degrades into smaller less toxic components reducing cell toxicity, facilitating release of the transgene, and improving transfection efficiency
Optimized for intracellular delivery of plasmid DNA, siRNA, microRNA, and mRNA
High transfection efficiency of both siRNA and plasmid DNA without compromising cell viability
Achieve robust siRNA uptake for dependable gene silencing
Effective transfection under conditions of up to 40% serum
Transfection kit includes Transfection Enhancer reagent
Gentle enough to be used for single cell analysis
- Download PowerPoint presentation for AGS cells transfection kit: [PPT]
- Developed and manufactured by Altogen Biosystems
Reagent exhibits at least 77% transfection efficiency of siRNA delivery. Transfection efficiency was determined by real-time RT-PCR.
Transfection Protocol and MSDS:
Download Altogen Biosystems AGS Transfection Protocol: [PDF]
Download MSDS: [PDF]
AGS Cell Line:
The AGS cell line was originally established in 1979 from the stomach tissue of a 54-year-old Caucasian female who suffered from gastric adenocarcinoma (stomach cancer). These cells exhibit epithelial cellular morphology, and are tumorigenic. The patient received no prior therapy before removal of these cells. AGS cells could be useful for research related to different forms of stomach cancer.
Figure 1. GAPD mRNA levels were quantified using real-time RT-PCR in the AGS cells transfected with siRNAs targeting GAPD or non-silencing siRNA. Forty-eight hours post-transfection, the cells were harvested and analyzed by real-time RT-PCR for GAPD mRNA expression levels. Data were normalized against the 18S rRNA signal. Control samples were either mock-transfected or untreated. Values are normalized to untreated sample. Data are means ± SD (n=5).
Figure 2. Protein expression of GAPDH in AGS cells. DNA plasmid expressing GAPDH or siRNA targeting GAPDH were transfected into AGS cells following Altogen Biosystems transfection protocol. At 72 hours post-transfection the cells were analyzed by Western Blot for protein expression levels (normalized by total protein, 10 µg of total protein loaded per each well). Untreated cells used as a negative control.
Selected in vivo transfection product citations (ALTOGEN® IN VIVO Transfection Kits used in the following publications):
- Hypertension. 2012 59(1):158-66. Role of uncoupled endothelial nitric oxide synthase … Gao et al [PDF]
- Jounal of Biological Chemistry. 2012 287(4):2907. Chaperoning of mutant p53 protein … Gogna et al [PDF]
- PLoS Pathogens. 2012 8(8) Uridine composition of the poly-U/UC tract of HCV RNA … Schnell et al [PDF]
- J Proteome Res. 2012(11) Retinal proteome analysis in a mouse model of oxygen-induced … Kim et al [PDF]
- J Transl Med. 2010 15;8:133. Prevention of hyperglycemia-induced myocardial apoptosis … Zhang et al [PDF]
- Mol Cell Biol. 2013 33(7). SCO2 induces p53-mediated apoptosis by Thr845 phosphorylation … Madan et al [PDF]
- Hypertension. 2015 65(2):430-9. Neurokinin 3 receptor and phosphocholine transferase… Parchim et al [PDF]
- Gastroenterology. 2011 141(2) Differential type I interferon-mediated autophagic trafficking … Desai et al [PDF]
- PLoS Pathog. 2014 10(10) Exosomes from hepatitis C infected patients transmit HCV … Bukong et al [PDF]
Altogen Biosystems provides pre-optimized transfection kits and electroporation products for life science research. Transfection products are developed for individual cancer cell line and transfection protocols are optimized to enable high transfection efficiency of biomolecules. Altogen Biosystems developed in vivo delivery products for small animal research, mouse and rat targeted tissue delivery: liver targeted, pancreas targeted, kidney targeted, PEG-Liposome-, Nanoparticle-, Lipid-, and Polymer-based in vivo transfection kits. Advanced formulation of reagents and optimized transfection protocols provide efficient intracellular delivery of biomolecules. Read more about transfection technology at Altogen’s Transfection Resource.
Altogen Labs Research Services:
Altogen Labs provides GLP-compliant contract research studies for pre-clinical research, IND applications, and drug development. Biology CRO services include: Xenograft models (30+), development of stable cell lines, ELISA assay development, cell-based and tissue targeted RNAi studies, safety pharm/tox assays, and other studies (visit AltogenLabs.com).
- 0.5 ml (Catalog #1172)
- 1.5 ml (Catalog #1173)
- 8.0 ml (Catalog #1174)