Product Availability: In Stock (delivery within 2-3 business days, no extra charge for drop-shipping).
Ordering: To place an order via credit card or PO use Add to Cart button (creating an account is not required).
Transfection Reagent for T98G Cells (Glioblastoma Cells, CRL-1690)
- A nanoparticle-based liposome formulation
- Transfection protocols provided for transfection of small proteins, pDNA, mRNA, siRNA, sh/miRNA
- Complex Condenser and Transfection Enhancer reagents are provided with the kit
- Produce higher level of recombinant protein expression with minimal disruption of normal cell function
- Generate physiologically relevant data you can trust
- Effective for plasmid DNA/siRNA co-transfection
- Easy-to-use transfection protocol with reproducible results
- Download T98G CRISPR/Cas9 transfection protocol: [PDF]
- Download PowerPoint presentation for T98G cells transfection kit: [PPT]
- Developed and manufactured by Altogen Biosystems
Reagent exhibits at least 93% transfection efficiency of siRNA delivery. Transfection efficiency was determined by qRT-PCR.
Transfection Protocol and MSDS:
Download Altogen Biosystems Transfection Protocol: [PDF]
Download MSDS: [PDF]
T98G Cell Line:
Glioblastoma is the most common type of brain malignancy in adults that is also considered the most aggressive and lethal form of brain tumor found in humans, with an overall survival of approximately 15 months after diagnosis. Human tumor cell lines are essential in finding novel treatment therapies for improving the survival rate of brain cancer patients. According to a 2016 article in Cell and Tissue Biology, the T98G cell line is a valuable cancer research tool as the cells maintain glioblastoma morphology. The T98G cell line was originally established from the brain of a 61-year-old Caucasian male with glioblastoma multiforme (GBM). This cell line exhibits fibroblast morphology and is not tumorigenic, but has a hyperpentaploid chromosome count (polyploidy). The T98G cell line is a suitable transfection host and is widely used for biomedical research related to brain tumor therapeutics. Altogen Biosystems offers transfection kits for the T98G glioblastoma cell line.
T98G cell line mutations:
Figure 1. Cyclophilin B silencing efficiency was determined by RT-PCR in the T98G cells transfected by Cyclophilin B siRNA or non-silencing siRNA control following the recommended transfection protocol. Cyclophilin mRNA expression levels were measured 48 hours post-transfection. 18S rRNA levels were used to normalize the Cyclophilin B data. Values are normalized to untreated sample. Data are presented as means ± SD (n=6).
Figure 2. Protein expression of Cyclophilin B in T98G cells. DNA plasmid expressing Cyclophilin B or siRNA targeting Cyclophilin B were transfected into T98G cells following Altogen Biosystems transfection protocol. At 72 hours post-transfection the cells were analyzed by Western Blot for protein expression levels (normalized by total protein, 10 µg of total protein loaded per each well). Untreated cells used as a negative control.
Selected in vivo transfection product citations (ALTOGEN® IN VIVO Transfection Kits used in the following publications):
- 2008 454(7203):523-7. Innate immunity induced by composition-dependent RIG-I …Saito et al [PDF]
- Am J Pathology. 2010 177(4):1870-80. Role of ocular complement factor H in a murine model … Lyzogubov et al [PDF]
- Nature Biotechnology. 2011 29(4):341-5. Delivery of siRNA to the mouse brain by … Alvarez-Erviti et al [PDF]
- Cancer Research. 2011 71(15):5144-53. Inhibition of miR-193a expression by… Iliopoulos et al [PDF]
- 2010 16(11):2108-19. RNase L releases a small RNA from HCV RNA that refolds … Malathi et al [PDF]
Altogen Biosystems is a life sciences company that manufactures over 100 cell type specific and pre-optimized transfection kits, electroporation buffers, and targeted in vivo delivery kits and reagents. Advanced formulation of reagents and optimized transfection protocols provide highly efficient intracellular delivery of biomolecules (proteins, DNA, mRNA, shRNA and siRNA, and small molecule compounds). Read more about transfection technology at Altogen’s Transfection Resource.
Altogen Laboratory CRO Services:
Altogen Labs provides GLP contract research studies for preclinical research, IND applications, and drug development. Biology CRO services include: Xenograft models (90+), development of stable cell lines, ELISA assay development, cell-based and tissue targeted RNAi studies, safety pharm/tox assays, and other studies (visit AltogenLabs.com).
- 0.5 ml (Catalog #6924)
- 1.5 ml (Catalog #6925)
- 1.5 ml CRISPR (Catalog #2199)
- 8.0 ml (Catalog #7090)