NOTE: To place order using Credit Card, P-Card, or Purchase Order – please choose kit size above and click “Add to cart” button. You can place order online without creating an account.
Non-silencing control siRNA (5 nmol)
- Non-silencing transfection control siRNA
- Kit includes 5 nmol of ready-to-use chemically synthesized siRNA
- Scrambled sequence siRNA
- Not targeting any known human / mouse genes
- Transfection control for chemical transfection and siRNA electroporation applications
- Developed and manufactured by Altogen Biosystems
Gene silencing by RNA Interference (RNAi) is a powerful research tool for studying gene function in mammalian cells. RNAi is a biological phenomenon by which double stranded RNA (dsRNA) specifically reduces gene expression of its corresponding gene. Potent inhibition of specific gene expression is experimentally achieved by the transfection of small interfering RNA (siRNA), which binds RISC complex and cause degradation of target complementary mRNA molecules in the cell. Therefore, successful, potent RNAi experimentation is dependent upon the highly efficient delivery of the siRNA into cells by transfection of stable and functional siRNA molecules. Most DNA transfection reagents are incompatible with siRNA, sensitive to serum, or are capable of inducing cytotoxicity, which negatively affects gene expression studies. Transfection Reagents have been developed and optimized specifically for use with siRNA transfection and allow transfection in the presence of serum without lowering transfection efficiency or reducing cell viability. Ready-to-run transfection protocols eliminate the need for extensive siRNA optimization experiments. Altogen Biosystems kits are also compatible for transfection of microRNA (miRNA) molecules.
Selected siRNA citation references:
- Cell Death Differ. 2016. 23(5):787-800. Unexpected requirement for a binding partner of the syntaxin family in phagocytosis by murine testicular Sertoli cells. Dong et al [PDF]
- British Journal of Cancer. 2012 107(3):516-26. TIGAR induces p53-mediated cell-cycle … Madan et al [PDF]
- Jounal of Biological Chemistry. 2012 287(4):2907. Chaperoning of mutant p53 protein … Gogna et al [PDF]
Altogen Biosystems is a life sciences company dedicated to the development, marketing and manufacture of cell type specific transfection reagents. Efficient delivery of DNA, RNA, siRNA, and microRNA enabled by advanced formulation of reagents and peculiar design of protocols. Altogen Biosystems offers a complete transfection system for a broad range of cell lines. All reagents are functionally tested to be highly reproducible, serum compatible, induce low toxicity, and can be used for co-transfection experiments, and high throughput applications.
Altogen Labs Research Services:
Altogen Labs provides GLP-compliant contract research studies for pre-clinical research, IND applications, and drug development. Biology CRO services include: Xenograft models (30+), development of stable cell lines, ELISA assay development, cell-based and tissue targeted RNAi studies, safety pharm/tox assays, and other studies (visit AltogenLabs.com).
- 5 nmol (Catalog #4063)