Product Availability: In Stock (FedEx delivery within 2 business days).
Ordering: To place an order please use Add to Cart button (account not required).
Electroporation Kit for RBL-2H3 Cells (Basophilic Leukemia Cells, CRL-2256)
- Electroporation Kit include: electroporation buffer + buffer-specific optimized electroporation protocols
- Pre-optimized electroporation protocols are provided for delivery of plasmids (DNA), siRNA, mRNA, and proteins
- Proprietary electroporation buffer formulation mimics cellular cytoplasm composition (superior electropore resealing)s
- Certified RNAse- and DNAse-free electroporation buffer
- Effective electroporation delivery and high cell viability provides reproducible electroporation results
- High cell viability and superior cell recovery rates
- Electroporation protocols are provided with with the purchase of the Electroporation Kit
- Developed and manufactured by Altogen Biosystems
4 mL of electroporation buffer is sufficient for 20 reactions using standard 0.2 cm elecrtoporation cuvette
30 mL of electroporation buffer is sufficient for 150 reactions using standard 0.2 cm elecrtoporation cuvette
Electroporation kit provides 80-95% delivery efficiency of siRNA. Electroporation efficiency was determined by RT-PCR.
Electroporation Protocol and MSDS:
Electroporation protocols are provided with the purchase of the Electroporation Kit
Download MSDS: [PDF]
RBL-2H3 Cell Line:
RBL-2H3 was established in 1978 in the Laboratory of Immunology at the National Institute of Dental Research from basophilic leukemia cells in a Wistar Rat (Rattus norvegicus). These cells are useful because they can secrete histamine and other mediators. They have been useful to study of secretion in mast cells. Although nearly all lots of fetal bovine serum support the growth of these cells, the cells grown in some lots degranulate better after FcERI aggregation. RBL-1 (CRL-1378) is another basophilic leukemia cell line that does not degranulate.
Selected in vivo transfection product citations (ALTOGEN® IN VIVO Transfection Kits used in the following publications):
- 2008 454(7203):523-7. Innate immunity induced by composition-dependent RIG-I …Saito et al [PDF]
- Am J Pathology. 2010 177(4):1870-80. Role of ocular complement factor H in a murine model … Lyzogubov et al [PDF]
- Nature Biotechnology. 2011 29(4):341-5. Delivery of siRNA to the mouse brain by … Alvarez-Erviti et al [PDF]
- Cancer Research. 2011 71(15):5144-53. Inhibition of miR-193a expression by… Iliopoulos et al [PDF]
Altogen Biosystems is a life sciences company that manufactures over 100 cell type specific and optimized transfection kits, electroporation buffers, and targeted in vivo delivery kits. Advanced formulation of reagents and optimized electroporation protocols provide highly efficient cellular delivery of molecules (proteins, DNA, mRNA, shRNA and siRNA). Read more about electroporation technology at Altogen’s Transfection Resource.
Altogen Labs Research Services:
Altogen Labs provides GLP-compliant contract research studies for preclinical research, IND applications, and drug development. Biology CRO services include: xenograft models (over 90 in-house validated mouse models), development of stable cell lines, ELISA assay development, cell-based and tissue targeted RNAi studies, safety pharm/tox assays, and other studies (visit AltogenLabs.com).
- 4 ml (Catalog #6587)
- 30 ml (Catalog #6588)