NOTE: To place order using Credit Card, P-Card, or Purchase Order – please choose kit size above and click “Add to cart” button. You can place order online without creating an account.
Transfection Reagent for BHK-21 Cells (Kidney Cells, CCL-10)
A biodegradable polymer based transfection agent – once inside the cell, the polymer degrades into smaller less toxic components reducing cell toxicity, facilitating release of the transgene, and improving transfection efficiency
Optimized for intracellular delivery of plasmid DNA, siRNA, microRNA, and mRNA
High transfection efficiency of both siRNA and plasmid DNA without compromising cell viability
Achieve robust siRNA uptake for dependable gene silencing
Effective transfection under conditions of up to 40% serum
Transfection kit includes Transfection Enhancer reagent
Gentle enough to be used for single cell analysis
- Download PowerPoint presentation for BHK-21 cells transfection kit: [PPT]
Developed and manufactured by Altogen Biosystems
Reagent exhibits at least 86% transfection efficiency of siRNA delivery. Transfection efficiency was determined by qRT-PCR.
Transfection Protocol and MSDS:
Download Altogen Biosystems BHK-21 Transfection Protocol: [PDF]
Download MSDS: [PDF]
BHK-21 Cell Line:
The BHK-21 cell line was established in 1961 from 1-day-old hamster by I.A. Macpherson and M.G.P. Stoker. This cell line exhibits fibroblast morphology, and was taken from the kidneys of healthy golden hamster (Mesocricetus auratus). These cells are susceptible to human adenovirus 25, poliovirus 2, and reovirus 3, among others. BHK-21 cells are very useful for studying mammalian kidney cells biology.
Figure 1. siRNAs targeting Lamin A/C mRNA or non-silencing control siRNA were transfected into BHK-21 cells following the recommended protocol. At 48 hours post-transfection the cells were analyzed by qRT-PCR for Lamin A/C gene expression levels. 18S rRNA levels were used to normalize the Lamin A/C data. Values are normalized to untreated sample. Data are means ± SD (n=4).
Figure 2. Protein expression of Lamin A/C in BHK-21 cells. DNA plasmid expressing Lamin A/C or siRNA targeting Lamin A/C were transfected into BHK-21 cells following Altogen Biosystems transfection protocol. At 72 hours post-transfection the cells were analyzed by Western Blot for protein expression levels (normalized by total protein, 10 µg of total protein loaded per each well). Untreated cells used as a negative control.
Altogen Biosystems is a life sciences company that offers cell type-specific and pre-optimized transfection products, electroporation kits, and in vivo delivery reagents. Advanced formulation of reagents and optimized transfection protocols provide efficient intracellular delivery of protein, DNA, mRNA, shRNA and siRNA molecules. Read more about transfection technology at Altogen’s Transfection Resource.
Selected in vivo transfection product citations (ALTOGEN® IN VIVO Transfection Kits used in the following publications):
- Hypertension. 2012 59(1):158-66. Role of uncoupled endothelial nitric oxide synthase … Gao et al [PDF]
- Jounal of Biological Chemistry. 2012 287(4):2907. Chaperoning of mutant p53 protein … Gogna et al [PDF]
- PLoS Pathogens. 2012 8(8) Uridine composition of the poly-U/UC tract of HCV RNA … Schnell et al [PDF]
- J Proteome Res. 2012(11) Retinal proteome analysis in a mouse model of oxygen-induced … Kim et al [PDF]
- J Transl Med. 2010 15;8:133. Prevention of hyperglycemia-induced myocardial apoptosis … Zhang et al [PDF]
- Mol Cell Biol. 2013 33(7). SCO2 induces p53-mediated apoptosis by Thr845 phosphorylation … Madan et al [PDF]
- Hypertension. 2015 65(2):430-9. Neurokinin 3 receptor and phosphocholine transferase… Parchim et al [PDF]
- Gastroenterology. 2011 141(2) Differential type I interferon-mediated autophagic trafficking … Desai et al [PDF]
- PLoS Pathog. 2014 10(10) Exosomes from hepatitis C infected patients transmit HCV … Bukong et al [PDF]
Altogen Research Services:
Altogen Labs provides GLP-compliant contract research studies for pre-clinical research, IND applications, and drug development. Biology CRO services include: Xenograft models (30+), development of stable cell lines, ELISA assay development, cell-based and tissue targeted RNAi studies, safety pharm/tox assays, and other studies (visit AltogenLabs.com).
- 0.5 ml (Catalog #6175)
- 1.5 ml (Catalog #6176)
- 1.5 ml CRISPR (Catalog #2115)
- 8.0 ml (Catalog #6177)