NOTE: To place order using Credit Card, P-Card, or Purchase Order – please choose kit size above and click “Add to cart” button. You can place order online without creating an account.
Transfection Reagent for MDA-MB Cells (Breast Adenocarcinoma Cells, HTB-26)
Optimized for MDA-MB-231, MDA-MB-435, MDA-MB-468 cell lines
Two component formulation enhances lipid mediated transfection efficiency
Optimized easy-to-use transfection protocol provided for transfection of small RNA (siRNA, shRNA, microRNA), mRNA, and plasmid DNA
Kit includes Transfection Enhancer reagent and recommended transfection protocol
Expand your RNAi application with a reagent optimized for delivery of both siRNA and plasmid
Reproducible transfection results
Works well for standard reverse transfection and high-throughput applications
- Download PowerPoint presentation for MDA-MB cells transfection kit: [PPT]
Developed and manufactured by Altogen Biosystems
Reagent exhibits at least 80% transfection efficiency of siRNA delivery. Transfection efficiency was determined by qRT-PCR.
Transfection Protocol and MSDS:
Download Altogen Biosystems MDA-MB Transfection Protocol: [PDF]
Download MSDS: [PDF]
MDA-MB Cell Lines:
MDA-MB-453 cells were derived in 1976 from an effusion of a 48-year old Caucasian woman with metastatic carcinoma of the breast, involving the nodes, brain and both pleural and pericardial cavities. Certain MDA-MB cell lines are not tumorigenic in immunosuppressed mice, but do form colonies in semisolid medium. The cells— epithelial-like, round, loosely attached monolayers— overexpress FGF receptors. It has been found that stimulation of MDA-MB-453 cells with HRG beta 2 resulted in the tyrosine phosphorylation of p185c-erbB-2 and p180erbB-4 in a time and dose dependent way. MDA-MB-453 cells also have an active glycerol 3-phosphate shuttle. MDA-MB-453 cells express high levels of functional androgen receptor, providing a valuable in vitro model for further studies on androgen regulation of gene expression, and possibly cell proliferation, in breast cancer. MDA-MB-453 cells were used to determine that G-protein-coupled inwardly rectifying potassium (GIRK) are involved in cellular signaling in breast cancer cells.
Figure 1. Cyclophilin B silencing efficiency was determined by qRT-PCR in the MDA-MB-453 cells transfected by Cyclophilin B siRNA or non-silencing siRNA control following the recommended transfection protocol. Cyclophilin mRNA expression levels were measured 48 hours post-transfection. 18S rRNA levels were used to normalize the Cyclophilin B data. Values are normalized to untreated sample. Data are presented as means ± SD (n=3).
Figure 2. Protein expression of Cyclophilin B in MD-MB cells. DNA plasmid expressing Cyclophilin B or siRNA targeting Cyclophilin B were transfected into MDA-MB cells following Altogen Biosystems transfection protocol. At 72 hours post-transfection the cells were analyzed by Western Blot for protein expression levels (normalized by total protein, 10 µg of total protein loaded per each well). Untreated cells used as a negative control.
Selected in vivo transfection product citations (ALTOGEN® IN VIVO Transfection Kits used in the following publications):
- Nature. 2008 454(7203):523-7. Innate immunity induced by composition-dependent RIG-I …Saito et al [PDF]
- Am J Pathology. 2010 177(4):1870-80. Role of ocular complement factor H in a murine model … Lyzogubov et al [PDF]
- Nature Biotechnology. 2011 29(4):341-5. Delivery of siRNA to the mouse brain by … Alvarez-Erviti et al [PDF]
- Cancer Research. 2011 71(15):5144-53. Inhibition of miR-193a expression by… Iliopoulos et al [PDF]
- RNA. 2010 16(11):2108-19. RNase L releases a small RNA from HCV RNA that refolds … Malathi et al [PDF]
- Diabetologia. 2012 55(7):2069-79. The p47phox- and NADPH oxidase organiser 1 … Youn et al [PDF]
- British Journal of Cancer. 2012 107(3):516-26. TIGAR induces p53-mediated cell-cycle … Madan et al [PDF]
- Hypertension. 2014 63(2):353-61. Tissue transglutaminase contributes to … Liu et al [PDF]
- Circulation Research. 2010 15;107(8). Kruppel-like factor-4 transcriptionally regulates … Cowan et al [PDF]
- Hypertension. 2012 59(1):158-66. Role of uncoupled endothelial nitric oxide synthase … Gao et al [PDF]
- Jounal of Biological Chemistry. 2012 287(4):2907. Chaperoning of mutant p53 protein … Gogna et al [PDF]
- PLoS Pathogens. 2012 8(8) Uridine composition of the poly-U/UC tract of HCV RNA … Schnell et al [PDF]
- Gastroenterology. 2011 141(2) Differential type I interferon-mediated autophagic trafficking … Desai et al [PDF]
- PLoS Pathog. 2014 10(10) Exosomes from hepatitis C infected patients transmit HCV … Bukong et al [PDF]
Altogen Biosystems is a life sciences company that offers cell type-specific and pre-optimized transfection products, electroporation kits, and in vivo delivery reagents. Advanced formulation of reagents and optimized transfection protocols provide efficient intracellular delivery of protein, DNA, mRNA, shRNA and siRNA molecules. Read more about transfection technology at Altogen’s Transfection Resource.
Altogen Labs Research Services:
Altogen Labs provides GLP-compliant contract research studies for pre-clinical research, IND applications, and drug development. Biology CRO services include: Xenograft models (30+), development of stable cell lines, ELISA assay development, cell-based and tissue targeted RNAi studies, safety pharm/tox assays, and other studies (visit AltogenLabs.com).
- 0.5 ml (Catalog #1793)
- 1.5 ml (Catalog #1794)
- 1.5 ml CRISPR (Catalog #2170)
- 8.0 ml (Catalog #7060)