NOTE: To place order using Credit Card, P-Card, or Purchase Order – please choose kit size above and click “Add to cart” button. You can place order online without creating an account.
Transfection Reagent for NCI-H460 Cells (Lung Carcinoma Cells, HTB-177)
- Proprietary cationic lipids formulation
High transfection efficiency of small RNA (siRNA, shRNA, miRNA), mRNA, pDNA
Effective and robust intracellular delivery
Kit includes Transfection Enhancer reagent
Produces consistent results, lot-to-lot, plate-to-plate, and well-to-well
Work in the presence of serum
A proven reagent for establishing stable cell lines
Optimized transfection protocols are adapted for use with both standard & reverse transfection methods
- Download PowerPoint presentation for NCI-H441 cells transfection kit: [PPT]
Developed and manufactured by Altogen Biosystems
Reagent exhibits at least 90% transfection efficiency of siRNA delivery. Transfection efficiency was determined by qRT-PCR.
Transfection Protocol and MSDS:
Download Altogen Biosystems NCIH460 Transfection Protocol: [PDF]
Download MSDS: [PDF]
NCI-H460 Cell Line:
Lung cancer is considered one of the most lethal diseases with a low survival, high metastasis and recurrence rate. Although lung cancer treatment has dramatically improved within the last two decades, it is the primary cause of cancer deaths in both males and females globally. It results in approximately 158,000 fatalities in the United States annually, with more than half of the patients diagnosed at an advanced stage, as per the American Cancer Society. The NCI-H460 cell line was derived by A.F. Gazdar and colleagues in 1982 from a male with large cell lung carcinoma. This tumorigenic cell line exhibits epithelial morphology and has been known to express p53 mRNA as normal lung tissue does. The NCI-H460 cell line is also unique in the fact that it shows no significant structural DNA abnormalities. In addition to being negative for neurofilament triplet protein, NCI-H460 cells stain positively for vimentin and keratin. NCI-H46 is a hypotriploid cell line with the modal chromosome number of 57 that is essential for lung cancer research. Altogen Biosystems provides high efficiency lipid-based transfection reagent kits for the tumorigenic NCI-H460 lung cancer cell line.
Figure 1. Cyclophilin B silencing efficiency was determined by qRT-PCR in the NCI-460 cells transfected by Cyclophilin B siRNA or non-silencing siRNA control following the recommended transfection protocol. Cyclophilin mRNA expression levels were measured 48 hours post-transfection. 18S rRNA levels were used to normalize the Cyclophilin B data. Values are normalized to untreated sample. Data are presented as means ± SD (n=6).
Figure 2. Protein expression Cyclophilin B in NCI-H460 cells. DNA plasmid expressing Cyclophilin B or siRNA targeting Cyclophilin B were transfected into NCI-H460 cells following Altogen Biosystems transfection protocol. At 72 hours post-transfection the cells were analyzed by Western Blot for protein expression levels (normalized by total protein, 10 µg of total protein loaded per each well). Untreated cells used as a negative control.
Selected in vivo transfection product citations (ALTOGEN® IN VIVO Transfection Kits used in the following publications):
- Nature. 2008 454(7203):523-7. Innate immunity induced by composition-dependent RIG-I …Saito et al [PDF]
- Am J Pathology. 2010 177(4):1870-80. Role of ocular complement factor H in a murine model … Lyzogubov et al [PDF]
- Nature Biotechnology. 2011 29(4):341-5. Delivery of siRNA to the mouse brain by … Alvarez-Erviti et al [PDF]
- Cancer Research. 2011 71(15):5144-53. Inhibition of miR-193a expression by… Iliopoulos et al [PDF]
- RNA. 2010 16(11):2108-19. RNase L releases a small RNA from HCV RNA that refolds … Malathi et al [PDF]
- Diabetologia. 2012 55(7):2069-79. The p47phox- and NADPH oxidase organiser 1 … Youn et al [PDF]
- British Journal of Cancer. 2012 107(3):516-26. TIGAR induces p53-mediated cell-cycle … Madan et al [PDF]
- Hypertension. 2014 63(2):353-61. Tissue transglutaminase contributes to … Liu et al [PDF]
- Circulation Research. 2010 15;107(8). Kruppel-like factor-4 transcriptionally regulates … Cowan et al [PDF]
- Hypertension. 2012 59(1):158-66. Role of uncoupled endothelial nitric oxide synthase … Gao et al [PDF]
- Jounal of Biological Chemistry. 2012 287(4):2907. Chaperoning of mutant p53 protein … Gogna et al [PDF]
- PLoS Pathogens. 2012 8(8) Uridine composition of the poly-U/UC tract of HCV RNA … Schnell et al [PDF]
- J Proteome Res. 2012(11) Retinal proteome analysis in a mouse model of oxygen-induced … Kim et al [PDF]
- Gastroenterology. 2011 141(2) Differential type I interferon-mediated autophagic trafficking … Desai et al [PDF]
- PLoS Pathog. 2014 10(10) Exosomes from hepatitis C infected patients transmit HCV … Bukong et al [PDF]
Altogen Biosystems manufacturers preoptimized transfection kits for cancer research. Reagents and transfection protocols are optimized for individual cancer cell lines. Altogen Biosystems developed two types of in vivo delivery kits for animal research: Tissue-targeted reagents (delivery into liver, pancreas, and kidney tissues), and in vivo biodistribution reagents (PEG-Liposome, Nanoparticle, Lipid, and Polymer-based kits). Optimized transfection protocols provide efficient intracellular delivery of proteins, DNA, and RNA molecules in vitro and in vivo. Read more about transfection technology at Altogen’s Transfection Resource.
Altogen Research Services:
Altogen Labs provides GLP-compliant contract research studies for pre-clinical research, IND applications, and drug development. Biology CRO services include: Xenograft models (30+), development of stable cell lines, ELISA assay development, cell-based and tissue targeted RNAi studies, safety pharm/tox assays, and other studies (visit AltogenLabs.com).
- 0.5 ml (Catalog #6864)
- 1.5 ml (Catalog #6865)
- 1.5 ml CRISPR (Catalog #2182)
- 8.0 ml (Catalog #7071)