NOTE: To place order using Credit Card, P-Card, or Purchase Order – please choose kit size above and click “Add to cart” button. You can place order online without creating an account.
Transfection Reagent for SKNAS Cells (Neuroblastoma Cells)
- Proprietary cationic lipids formulation
A proven reagent for establishing stable cell lines
Optimized transfection protocols are adapted for use with both standard & reverse transfection methods
- Download PowerPoint presentation for SKNAS cells transfection kit: [PPT]
Developed and manufactured by Altogen Biosystems
Reagent exhibits at least 90% transfection efficiency of siRNA delivery. Transfection efficiency was determined by qRT-PCR.
Transfection Protocol and MSDS:
Download Altogen Biosystems SKNAS Transfection Protocol: [PDF]
Download MSDS: [PDF]
SKNAS Cell Line:
SK-N-AS is hyperdiploid human female with the modal chromosome number of 47. Normal chromosomes N9 and N22 are single. SK-N-AS are distributed for research purposes only by the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center The SK-N-SH line was developed by J.L. Biedler and differs from SK-N-MC in that it exhibits a longer doubling time and higher levels of dopamine – beta – hydroxylase. SK-N-SH has been used as a target cell line in cell mediated cytotoxicity assays. Frataxin-depleted SKNAS cells exhibited actin network reorganization similar to that observed in fibroblasts. After Nrf2 staining, they were nearly identical to control SKNAS cells. It has been shown that treating control SKNAS cells by oligomycin or tBHQ resulted in the accumulation of NQO1, glutathione reductase (GRed) and GSTP1. SKNAS cells can be useful in the study or search for medical treatments for certain types of brain cancer. These cells are known to produce large amounts of IGF-2, and express type 1 IGF (insulin-like growth factor) receptors.
Figure 1. Cyclophilin B silencing efficiency was determined by qRT-PCR in the SKNAS cells transfected by Cyclophilin B siRNA or non-silencing siRNA control following the recommended transfection protocol. Cyclophilin mRNA expression levels were measured 48 hours post-transfection. 18S rRNA levels were used to normalize the Cyclophilin B data. Values are normalized to untreated sample. Data are presented as means ± SD (n=3).
Figure 2. Protein expression of Cyclophilin B in SKNAS cells. DNA plasmid expressing Cyclophilin B or siRNA targeting Cyclophilin B were transfected into SKNAS cells following Altogen Biosystems transfection protocol. At 72 hours post-transfection the cells were analyzed by Western Blot for protein expression levels (normalized by total protein, 10 µg of total protein loaded per each well). Untreated cells used as a negative control.
Selected in vivo transfection product citations (ALTOGEN® IN VIVO Transfection Kits used in the following publications):
- Nature. 2008 454(7203):523-7. Innate immunity induced by composition-dependent RIG-I …Saito et al [PDF]
- Am J Pathology. 2010 177(4):1870-80. Role of ocular complement factor H in a murine model … Lyzogubov et al [PDF]
- Nature Biotechnology. 2011 29(4):341-5. Delivery of siRNA to the mouse brain by … Alvarez-Erviti et al [PDF]
- Cancer Research. 2011 71(15):5144-53. Inhibition of miR-193a expression by… Iliopoulos et al [PDF]
- RNA. 2010 16(11):2108-19. RNase L releases a small RNA from HCV RNA that refolds … Malathi et al [PDF]
- Diabetologia. 2012 55(7):2069-79. The p47phox- and NADPH oxidase organiser 1 … Youn et al [PDF]
- British Journal of Cancer. 2012 107(3):516-26. TIGAR induces p53-mediated cell-cycle … Madan et al [PDF]
- Hypertension. 2014 63(2):353-61. Tissue transglutaminase contributes to … Liu et al [PDF]
- Circulation Research. 2010 15;107(8). Kruppel-like factor-4 transcriptionally regulates … Cowan et al [PDF]
- Hypertension. 2012 59(1):158-66. Role of uncoupled endothelial nitric oxide synthase … Gao et al [PDF]
- Jounal of Biological Chemistry. 2012 287(4):2907. Chaperoning of mutant p53 protein … Gogna et al [PDF]
- PLoS Pathogens. 2012 8(8) Uridine composition of the poly-U/UC tract of HCV RNA … Schnell et al [PDF]
- J Proteome Res. 2012(11) Retinal proteome analysis in a mouse model of oxygen-induced … Kim et al [PDF]
Altogen Biosystems transfection and electroporation products for life sciences and cancer research. Transfection reagents are developed for individual cancer cell line and transfection protocols are optimized for maximum delivery efficiency. Advanced formulation of reagents and optimized transfection protocols provide efficient intracellular delivery of proteins, DNA, mRNA, shRNA, siRNA, and other negatively charged biomolecules in vitro and in vivo. Read more about transfection technology at Altogen’s Transfection Resource.
Altogen Research Services:
Altogen Labs provides GLP-compliant contract research studies for pre-clinical research, IND applications, and drug development. Biology CRO services include: Xenograft models (30+), development of stable cell lines, ELISA assay development, cell-based and tissue targeted RNAi studies, safety pharm/tox assays, and other studies (visit AltogenLabs.com).
- 0.5 ml (Catalog #3259)
- 1.5 ml (Catalog #3260)
- 1.5 ml CRISPR (Catalog #2194)
- 8.0 ml (Catalog #7012)